VA » Health Care » Montana VA Health Care System » Montana VA Primary Care Provider update, Feb. 2018
Montana VA Health Care System
Montana VA Primary Care Provider update, Feb. 2018
Thursday, February 15, 2018
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Media contact(s): Mike Garcia, email@example.com, 406-447-7303
Montana VA Primary Care Provider Staffing Update for February 2018
Fort Harrison, Mont. – The Montana VA Health Care System has recently received numerous inquiries concerning primary care provider vacancies across the state.
The Montana VA executive leadership team wants our Veterans, their families and the public to know the facts:
- The reports of widespread unavailability of primary care in the Montana VA are false.
- We currently require 37.1 full-time equivalent employee (FTEE) providers to care for our Veterans.
- As of Feb. 9, there are 33.45 FTEE (38 individual providers) on hand and seeing patients.
- There are 5.5 current FTEE (8 individual providers) who have given notice they will be leaving or reducing their hours
- As of Feb. 9, there are a total of 8.5 FTEE (10 individual providers) scheduled to join the Montana VA between March 5 thru the end of May.
- There are currently 2.0 FTEE vacant positions (one in Billings and one at Fort Harrison) without a known replacement and active recruitment efforts are underway
- Gaps in coverage are being managed with telehealth providers from other sites and with locum tenens providers.
Full story release with tabulated data HERE.
Status Map of Primary Care Providers (as of Feb. 9, 2018) HERE